1.PCS: Personal Care Services: A Medicaid benefit that helps children and adults 20 and younger who have disabilities. We help the clients with everday tasks. These tasks are called activities of daly living and instrumental activities of daily living.
2. STAR Kids: is a new Texas Medicaid managed care program that will provide Medicaid benefits beginning November 1, 2016 to children and adults 20 and younger who have disabilities.
Participation in the STAR Kids program is required for those who are 20 or younger, covered by Medicaid, and meet at least one of the following:
- Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Get SSI and Medicare.
- Get services through the Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver.
- Get services through the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver.
- Live in a community-based intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related condition (ICF/IID) or nursing facility.
- Get services through a Medicaid Buy-In program.
- Get services through any of the following Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) waiver programs.
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
Managed care means that you will pick a health plan that will provide the health services you need through a network of doctors, specialists, and other providers. Those enrolling in the STAR Kids program will choose a health plan, as well as a primary care physician or clinic who will provide basic medical services, like check-ups, and provide referrals to a specialist when needed.
The services we offer children help them with everyday tasks. These tasks are called activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs)
EXAMPLES OF ADLS
- Going to the toilet
EXAMPLES OF IADLs
- Getting health services
- Fixing meals
- Light housework
For more information regarding any of these programs contact our office and one of our representatives will assist you and answer any questions you may have to help you get started today. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
1527total visits,2visits today